Thursday, September 3, 2026

Write about a fear you have overcome.

A fear I have overcome is jumping into the water from high places. Before, I would think a lot before jumping into the water thinking about all the things that can go wrong. Thinking about "what if I hit a rock?" or "how painful would the impact with the water be?" among many other questions that only come up at that moment. I realized that all the fear was a product of my mind, that I wasn't scared of the height or the actual physical consequences but about all the scenarios that came to my mind. What helped most overcome this fear is not thinking much about it, just checking the necessary for safety: that the water is deep enough and that there are no rocks that I may hit in the fall. Of course learning proper diving and jumping technique is important as well, but it's mostly in the head. Although I occasionally still get a little scared depending on the situation, I've improved a lot compared to the first time I jumped of a rock.

Today in class we did the written reflection about the meaning behind the masks we did and are gonna present. We also headed upstairs to take our pictures for our school Ids.

No comments:

Post a Comment