A time I did something out of the norm was when I woke up earlier to try to be more productive. Instead of sleeping until 7:00 and get ready in a rush to go to school without even having breakfast like I was used to, I decided to wake up a whole hour earlier at 6:00. At first, I felt uncomfortable, I wasn't used to waking up that early and I just wanted to shut off the alarm and keep sleeping. Instead, I decided to get up and I had enough time to shower, walk the dogs and even have breakfast. Suddenly, I realized waking up just an hour earlier was really worth it and it started becoming a habit. Also, my mom really appreciates me taking the dogs out in the morning because it saves her time since she's usually the one who takes them out in the mornings.
Today in class we read an essay from the 70s called "Why I Want a Wife" by Judy Brady. Then we used it to make an alternate version of "Why I Want a Husband".
I learned about how gender roles can be really unfair and how women, especially wives, were expected to act back then and even some of those expectations remain today. Today's lesson impacted me by learning that these gender roles are wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment