Monday, September 21, 2026

At the end of Fences, forgiveness becomes an important part of the characters moving forward. Do you think forgiving someone means you also have to forget what they did? Why or why not? Connect your response to your own experiences or observations.

 I don't think forgiving someone means you necessarily have to forget what they did. Forgiveness means choosing to move forward instead of continuing to feel resentment for what someone may have done to you, but you can still remember what happened and use it as a lesson. I've noticed from my own experience that, holding anger against people does you more harm than good, which is why I believe it's better to forgive and move on but to never forget what they did to you so you can be more careful trusting them. Forgiving helps you move on, and never forgetting helps you avoid making the same mistake again

No comments:

Post a Comment