A time my perspective really changed was when I learned that all Arabic speaking countries didn't speak the same Arabic as each other. Before, I would put all Arab countries, from Morocco to Oman in the same sack. I though they all spoke the same standard Arabic, all had the same traditions, etc... In reality, Arabic dialects vary a lot, to the point where someone of North Africa may not be able to have a smoothly flowing conversation with someone from the UAE. This previous "single story" I had about all Arab countries was really ignorant on my part to assume they were all the same and it made me realize how I wouldn't want people to think the same about all Hispanic countries.
Today in class we worked on our identity masks and finished them so we can work on the written reflection the next day to hopefully present by Thursday.
I didn't learn anything in class today since we just worked on the masks.
No comments:
Post a Comment