Thursday, August 27, 2026

Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?

What travels with me everywhere I go is my accent and the way I speak. Even in new places, my accent reminds me of where I grew up, where I'm from and the people who influenced me. my accent is a small part of my identity that comes along with me anywhere I go.

Today in class we did an online assignment on The Danger of a Single Story by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

Reading what Adichie said was really interesting because in a way I felt guilty of falling in the dangers of single stories, but I never realized until just after reading what she said. Safe to say reading this has impacted me heavily and I will be more aware when reading something about a group of people, especially if it's the first time I read something about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment