The learning method I enjoy most out of all is class discussion because it allows me to hear different opinions and ideas from other people. Sometimes, you just need to hear someone's perspective on the same matter to expand your thinking and understand it better. I also like to share my own opinion and ask questions. Also, class discussion makes learning more interesting and engaging than just reading or listening to the teacher.
Today in class we read "The Myth of the Latin Woman" an essay written by Judith Ortiz Cofer about stereotypes placed on latina women.
Reading "The Myth of the Latin Woman" made me realize all the different stereotypes people from other cultures have on latina women. I guess I was aware of some of them, but I had never actually acknowledged them. Now that I hear about them, I can reflect on how unfair and bad they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment