If people tried to understand me based only on my race, they would miss many important parts of who I am. First thing they would miss would be the way I was raised. growing up amongst different cultures and countries have influenced a lot on who I am today and my identity. Second, would be my experiences of moving a lot. These experiences have shaped how I see the world and taught me to be more independent and flexible. Third, would be the things I like and interests, soccer has taught me many things like discipline, teamwork and resilience. And my family and friends all over the world are an important part of my identity as well.
Today in class, we watched three different videos about people who had difficulties with social labels about race and we answered questions about the videos on Writable.
I learned a lot about different people who struggle day to day about social labels due to their mixed backgrounds and social pressure. It helps me realize that I'm not the only person that is confused about this topic and that some people have it even worse than I do and relating to these things always help.
No comments:
Post a Comment