Friday, September 11, 2026

Prompt: In Fences, Troy makes it clear that he believes his main responsibility as a father is to provide for Cory, not necessarily to like him or make him happy. Do you think parents have to like their children, or is it enough for them to love, provide for, and take care of them? Explain the difference between loving someone and liking someone. Do you agree or disagree with Troy's view of parenting? Explain your response and make a personal or real-world connection.

 It depends a lot on the relationship the parents have built with their children throughout life. It also depends heavily on the parents personality. I think parents should like their children because that sense of true love can benefit a lot children especially while growing up. I can't really think of a difference between liking and loving someone. I disagree with Troy's form of parenting. I believe that it is too harsh. so much to the point where it affects Cory more negatively than positively because it is true parents at times have to be a little strict.

Today in class we read scenes two and three of the first act.

I learned more about our main character, Troy. From what I've read today I can infer he is a really narcissistic man who also believes the whole world is against him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment