Thursday, September 10, 2026

Prompt: In Fences, the fence is a physical object, but it can also represent the emotional or personal barriers people create. Think about a “fence” you have built in your own life. What were you trying to keep out or protect yourself from? Did that fence help you or hold you back? Explain.

 A fence I have built in my own personal life is when I said I would stop drinking so much soda. Growing up, I drank a lot of soda, especially Fanta. This caused me to be more overweight than most kids my age. One day, I decided to stop drinking as much soda as I did. I usually drank 3 cans a day, and suddenly, I would drink that same amount of cans or less a week. I built this fence in my life because I was trying to be healthier, and it helped me tremendously.

Today in class we started a new play we will be reading and discussing the upcoming weeks called Fences by August Wilson.

We didn't get to read much of the play today in class due to a fire drill, but after seeing the movie adaption trailer and the first few pages, it seems like an interesting book and I'm looking forward to reading more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment